At Aqua Blue we are committed to bringing you the highest level of education and training available. Our extensive training programs are designed to provide you with the advanced knowledge, understanding and high-level skills you need to have a successful career in today’s skincare industry.
Aqua Blue Skin Institute welcomes you to explore our curriculum and take advantage of the various advanced courses and programs that we have to offer.
We invite you to join us for fun interactive learning experiences that provide excellent training in both theory and practical instruction. Our classrooms are limited in size to ensure individualized attention and a quality education.
- Microdermabrasion Certification Course
- EYELASH EXTENSIONS CERTIFICATION COURSE
- EYELASH EXTENSIONS REFRESHER COURSE
- MICROPIGMENTATION CERTIFICATION COURSE
Did you know that Microdermabrasion is one of the top five (minimally invasive) cosmetic procedures performed in the United States today? Microdermabrasion is offered in Salons, Day Spa’s, Medi-Spas and Doctor’s offices alike. There is an overwhelming need for knowledgeable, well-trained certified professionals.
In this 8-hour theory and hands-on course you will learn everything you need to know about microdermabrasion. By the end of class you will be certified and fully prepared to confidently and skillfully perform advanced microdermabrasion treatments.
What You Learn:
- What is Microdermabrasion and How Does it Work
- The Differences between Crystal and Crystal-Free Machines
- Client Selection
- Treatment Options
- Post Treatment
- Follow-Up Care
What You Learn:
Learn different protocols performing treatments on:
A Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.320 Hours ($2,750) - For those who are not licensed and want to be licensed by the State of Texas.
Through our Eyelash Extension certification course you will receive hands-on training that will enable you to master the skills necessary to offer to your clients. The instructor provides theoretical knowledge by means of verbal presentation, visual media, followed by hands-on training. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate.
This workshop will teach you the fundamentals of Eyelash Extensions and also provide you with valuable knowledge about marketing strategies to kick start your new career. Aqua Blue Skin Institute strongly believes that networking is the foundation to your success in the cosmetic industry and with that philosophy we cover marketing concepts to help grow your business. Our goal is to ensure your success in this wonderful and exciting beauty service!
Covers application technique, sanitation, and client care. Students will receive the opportunity to practice applying eyelash extensions on practice skin & live models.
- Overview of Eyelash Extensions
- Products to Use For Application
- Health & Sanitation
- Preparing the Client
- Thorough Application Process
- Style & Length
- Lash Selection
- Lash Removal
- After Care
- Marketing Tips
- You will also receive your own starter Eyelash Extension Kit
If you are a licensed cosmetologist or esthetician we offer a course for those who want to learn or specialize in eyelash extensions. The course will cover all the above topics as a refresher. You will provide your own models and will receive a starter kit to take home with you. Once you complete the day course you will receive a certificate of completion.70 hours (10 days) $2500.00
Includes: Bloodbourne Pathogen Certification & Permanent Makeup Kit
This basic permanent makeup class is designed to ensure every permanent makeup student is trained to become a skilled, confident and knowledgeable professional permanent makeup artist/technician. Students will graduate with the skills and confidence to practice permanent makeup procedures such as eyebrows, eyeliner, and lip lining.
- Introduction to Permanent Makeup
- Understanding and history of the art of tattoo
- History of tattooing as it applies to permanent cosmetics
- Overview of the different types of machines and devices available
- Understanding the color wheel and how to match or correct color for new or corrective permanent makeup procedures.
- Extensive Instruction about skin undertones and how pigments work together to correct or create the perfect look for your client
- Pigment preparation, choosing, mixing and storage
- Understanding the correct methods of makeup application
- Education on the differences of temporary pigment (makeup) application and Permanent Makeup Application. What should and should NOT do when applying permanent pigmentation.
- Full understanding of skin composition and layers
- The care and healing process of skin
- Skin diseases, disorders and conditions such as infection, herpes, seborrhea, scars, moles, warts, birth marks, beauty marks, freckles, enlarged pores, wrinkles, psoriasis, eczema, allergies and various reactions various materials including latex.
- Introduction to the various types of tattoo machines
- Appropriate needle selection and applications such as recommended groups, numbers and configurations for specific permanent makeup procedures and personal skill level.
- Maintenance, correct insertion, identify needle damage, proper storage, disposal and preparation for sterilization
- Equipment sterilization Practices
- Disinfectants and antiseptics
- OSHA and CDC guidelines regarding bloodborne pathogens
- HIV/AIDS – The study of cause and prevention
- Technician safety – hand washing, Hepatitis B vaccination, gloves
- Proper handling of devices, needles and pigments
- Sanitation procedures for set up and clean up
- Extensive bloodborne Pathogen education class
- Client profile – analyze complexion and inquire about client’s desires and expectations
- Discuss the overall aspects of permanent cosmetics / permanent micro-pigmentation
- Medical conditions (cold sores, medications, skin ailments, etc.)
- Pre-procedure medications if needed (Valtrex for cold sores, antibiotics, no blood thinning medications such as aspirin)
- Discuss Informed Consents
- Medical questionaire
- Liability Issues
- Preparing the client’s skin for permanent makeup application using various anesthetics.
- Work on pigskin or craftfoam
- Discuss facial issues, morphology and variations
- Observe procedures
- Hands-on work using live models
- Forms and instructions
- Topical ointments and anesthetics if needed
- Client follow-up
- Best practices for before and after pictures
- Clarity and presentation
- Every student will get take before and after pictures of their work and leave with a portfolio of their work
- General equipment needs depending upon floor plan and where you intend to practice (Home, Salon, Spa or Private Practice)
- Business, marketing and advertising guidance
- Legal requirements (laws and statures)
- Insurance guidelines – liability insurance
- Discussion of Professional Organizations
Refresher courses are available and we are never more than a phone call away if you need assistance.